Friday, July 11, 2008

mormon movies.

I just have to say that I love Mormon movies.
First of all, lets contemplate the movie "Saturday's Warrior"
What an amazing work of genius art is Saturday's Warrior?
Honestly. I love it.
When I was little I used to watch it multiple times a day.
I would pretend to be the characters.
I had a one piece, long sleeved/long pants, shiny metallic blue body suit that I would wear with a ballet skirt over top.
I knew every dance and every song.
It really is wonderful.
Next, "Charly"
It is wonderful.
Enough said.
Lastly, "Sons of Provo"
Tonight, me and some friends - being the extremely cool people that we are - watched this amazing movie.
Never before have a watched a movie that crams more hilarious "Mormonisms" into a little over an hour.
It was, well - amazing!
Really, when examined in a comic setting such as this movie, the whole culture of Mormons is quite funny.
I love it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Charly" has got to be about the funniest movie I have ever seen. That whole mess when she was dying of cancer and they went on the ferris wheel just like old times...Whew, pure cornball! I was laughing like nothing else....