Thursday, February 5, 2009

humanities.


in my humanities class we just finished studying baroque music.
im obsessed.
i love it.
i listen to vivaldi all day.
and handel.
and bach.
and pachelbel's cannon.
oh boy.

AND THEN!

today we learned about the rococo period.
seriously the most beautiful art!
i love it.
this is one of my favorites...

Along with these...of course.
i love her dress in this one
it just jumps out
it is so real
and beautiful
and i want one
and how cute is this?! sitting in the middle of a beautiful garden wearing a pretty dress with a boy reading you love letters with a statue of cupid? c'mon how, it honestly doesnt get better.
we only spent an hour on this period.
and i was so sad.
it was some of the most beautiful art!
lots of it was very much over done
but so beautiful
i love it
it is my new favorite era.

THEN
we started talking about classical music
i fell in love
the twinkle twinkle little star song by mozart
12 Variations on "Ah vous dirai-je, Maman"
wow
i love it!!
i love my major.

im going to disneyland tomorrow!
im so excited
i need a break from this city..or the lack thereof.
hooray for california! :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a Shostakovich guy myself, but the Baroque is excellent, I'm not gonna lie.