Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bath.




I loved Bath. it was number 2 on my favorite list. It was the most charming, beautiful, quaint little town I have ever been to. It was in the middle of some green, green hills. It was so so beautiful. I loved it. When the sun came out - it was just heavenly. When we first got there this morning it was cold and raining. We went into Bath Abbey. It was probably one of my favorite churches that we have gone into. It was quiet and beautiful. I couldn't hear the storm that was happening outside. I loved it. Someone was playing the piano, and it was just pretty sounding. Some of the Cathedrals and such that we have gone into haven't been all that impressive to me, or maybe its just that they didnt have any special meaning or significance to me at the time. But for some reason this one did. I loved it.

The Roman Baths were amazing! I seriously was enthralled the whole time. It made me want to be an archaeologist! No joke. I want to excavate things! It was fascinating to me. I loved it. It was originally a huge, huge complex with several buildings and large gardens. It was seriously SO awesome. The remains and ruins and such that they are excavating are so cool. So cool. The water in the Baths hasnt been touched or treated or anything since it was last used in the 1700's (ish...) so it was this nasty disgusting green color. And it was steaming. Just to add an effect. Haha. It was so awesome. I loved it.
We got to throw in pennies (or pences? I guess...) and make wishes!

Now for an explanation of the pictures. At the end of the tour you can taste the water. It is hot minerally, sulfery smelling water. Seriously disgusting.

After the Roman Baths we went to the Fashion Museum, where we looked at tons of dresses spanning hundreds of years. It was super cool. We got to try on corsets and hoop skirts!! So fun.

Next we went to another one of Jane Austen's houses. We met Mr. Darcy. Score. It obviously completed our trip to Bath.

It was a really fun weekend. This coming week we are going to The Tower of London and Oxford! I'm super excited. Wednesday will be our half way mark! So unbelievable. It is flying. But at the same time it feels like we have been here forever. Everything that was once so thrilling and exciting is becoming common place. Kind of weird. But I like it!

I get married in 40 days! So crazy. Absolutely so excited. We finally finalized our honeymoon tonight! I'm quite excited :]

1 comment:

the artist's daughter said...

oh, you are having an amazing time!! I love your pictures, and i love what you are doing and seeing. time is flying is it not? can't wait to see you again. We all miss you so much. I LOVE your car, so if you need to leave it after you go to NC for the summer, that would be ok. . . . I guess(: I love you!