Friday, June 12, 2009

last few days of london! :[

Today we went to see the Trooping of the Colors. This was so fun. It was basically a huge parade of all of the Queen's soldiers and horses and such. Plus the Queen made an appearance.. aaaand the Princes :] It only happens once a year! And it just so happens that it was today! score!
We got up at 630 this morning and went down and stood there for 4 hours to get front row. Pretty awesome.




prince harry and prince william :]



Queen Elizabeth
More prince william :]







Abbey Road :]



Delicious treat at Maison Bertaux

More delicious treats at this cupcake place in Chelsea called LOVE. So cute.


At each bus stop, it lists the important places in the area. At the bus stop at the top of our street it lists "Brigham Young University". The Centre is even on the map!

Upon the Avon! :]
"Cooks Alley"

Anne Hathaway's House

Shakespeare's birth place


Harry Potter...There was totally a line in the middle of Kings Cross Station to take pictures with this sucker.
Saturday excursion to Cambridge! So fun.

Punting down the river in Cambridge.

Tea at the Orangery at Kensington Palace. So fun!!




President Gordon B. Hinckely said "No one can be in London long without developing a love for that city." I have truly come to know this. There are so many words that I could use to describe this city - magical, magnificent, beautiful, exhilarating, spectacular, enchanting, charming. But also strange. There are a lot of things that are strange. But I embraced them. They are what make this great city great. I have loved my time here. I believe that I am coming back to the states as a different person. More cultured, structured, independant, confident, directed, aware, and just changed. It has added a part of itself to me. And I love it! I dont think that the true beauty of this place has hit me until now, the day before i leave. My professor's wife gave me a card yesterday with a lace bookmark from Kensington Palace. In the card she wrote, "I hope that this bookmark will someday remind you that you once lived next door to Kensington Palace." I'm not sure what it was about that that made me step back and realize the magesty of what i have just experienced. Today was kind of an emotional day, as silly as that sounds. Sam and I, after the Trooping of the Colors, went to all of our favorite places for the last time. It was so sad! We walked around Covent Garden for a few hours just enraptured in the amazing place that it. We walked down Portobello Road for the last time - there is no place on earth like Portobello. Even just riding certain tube routes for the last time was bittersweet. Of course there are things that I'm excited to get back to...getting married in 2 weeks, not sharing a room with 8 girls, having my own space. But a piece of my heart will always be in London.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Jordan, I have enjoyed your blog posts and the pictures that you have shared during abroad. I am very impressed with your writing skills and the ablity you have of expressing excitement and ah. You are a beautiful woman and in two weeks when you give yourself to your soul mate, you will be giving him the new parts of you that you uncovered during your time abroad. It's been great fun going along this journey with you. You are a most beautiful daughter who has so much in life she wants to experience. Those days are coming quickly and they will be wonderful. You have found someone that loves you like you love him. What a great way to start a life together. Good Luck Joran. Much Luck and Congratulations are in order. Love, Sister J...