Thursday, September 11, 2008

sophomore.

i've recently come to the conclusion that i hate it when people don't update their blogs regularly.
simply because i love reading about other people's lives.
so. for all you out there who love reading about my boring little life :]
here's an update.

school - is wonderful. i love it. i work everyday 9-1. it's sooo much better than working all day! me and kate walk to school every morning together because she has classes in the morning. We walk a whole mile!! now, for those of you that don't know me too well...you'd better understand how big of a deal this is. I walk 2 miles every single day!!! i hateee having to walk anywhere. ever. however, when the alternative to walking is waking up earlier to catch a bus for a 15 minute ride.. i suffer and walk. my classes are spread out perfectly. mwf i have french from 1-2. i love love love my french class. number one, my teacher is a total cutie (don't worry, thats not too creepy. well kind of. but he's like 24. and speaks beautiful french. mm.) i looked him up on ratemyprofessor.com. He only had one rating. And it made me laugh so hard. If i didn't know any better, I would have thought that I had written it. Anyone that knows me would probably think the same thing. It simply says, "um, he is sort of a french god." haha. well written. from 2-3 i have biology with kate. its super easy class. my professor, dr. robinson, has it really figured out - he knows that everyone taking his class is simply taking it to full a G.E. which is totally the truth. So his class is super basic and easy. love it. what better way to take biology? monday nights i have a 2 1/2 hour art history class. I like it...it's kind of all over my head. I've only had one class. My professor is a woman who only teaches 2 classes on campus. She talks really fast and uses words that i don't really understand... but it's okay. I'm sure i'll catch on. tth i have french from 1-2, then new testament. I love my class. My professor, Brother Swift, is really awesome. Very interesting class. I was kind of hesitant about taking new testament, but i really love it. then i have history from 3-4:15. its world civilization up to 1500. Kind of ridiculously boring. But, it fills the GE. so i deal. that it! pretty easy semester. I love it.

apartment - egh. our apartment is fine. our complex is super fun, and there is always a ton going on. but our apartment is old...very old. the dishwasher doesn't wash, the water from the showerhead hits me at about shoulder level...(which makes for a very difficult time washing my hair..) the carpet is stained and coming up around the edges, my bed is a matress sitting on top of a piece of plywood inside of a frame that rocks back and forth, our kitchen floor is disgusting and our fridge leaks...it probably seems as though i am complaining... which in a way, i am, but i have typed this whole paragraph with a huge smile on my face. we're at the point where it is all just hilarious to us. me and kate laugh all the time about how funny our apartment is. its quite amusing actually.

men - there still are non. surprise.

fish - i am proud to say that our little pet (Edward Nathan Darcy) is still alive. We're both so proud. our roommates thought that he wouldn't even last one week!! well - much to their amazement, he has stayed alive for 12 days now! He's such a good little pet.

weather - i am very sad to report that it has been getting pretttty cold here in provo. at night, it is freezing. and the mornings are much too cold for the second week of september. not a good sign for the coming winter months.

je suis tres heureuse!

2 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

:D... i love reading blogs. i feel like i am so much less of a stalker if i am reading a blog than looking at facebook... because a blog is intended to be read... guess what... pay day tomorrow!

the artist's daughter said...

I don't get the Nathan part. I love reading your blog. life is good isn't it? i love fall, it's my favorite season here in the heart of utah. love you.