Wednesday, April 1, 2009

alone.

i'm sitting here trying to study french.
but then i started thinking
and - obviously - have to blog about my oh so interesting plethora of thoughts.

1. i really enjoy being alone. clarification - i really enjoy being in my apartment alone during the day. i hate going anywhere alone. i hate being home alone at night. and i hate being alone when i want to be with someone else...obviously. anyway. im in my room alone right now. my roommates are all gone. and i was just thinking about how i really like to be able to be alone and have quietness and be able to think about things - to not feel like i need to say something to get rid of the awkward silence, to not be bothered by someone's noises. just to be alone. i like it. not that im not SO excited to live with greg..but just a thought. before i met him i was intent on moving to new york and getting an adorable studio apartment somewhere and living some dreamlike sort of solitary life in the big city...like on the movies. anyway. thats that thought. onto the next one.

2. our wedding announcements got printed with the wrong date. everyone thinks. oh it will never be me that does something STUPID like write SATURDAY JUNE 26 on my wedding announcements. obviously i know when my wedding is. whoops. it would be me. i severely struggle i guess.

3. i had the funnest bridal shower in vegas this weekend. i seriously know the most amazing women. i have the best role models and friends..seriously. way better than yours. it was so fun. thank you to everyone who was a part of that. it was a super fun night.

side note - it was in the 80's in vegas...and here i am sitting in the middle of a snowstorm :] oh how i love provo.

4. i go leave for london in 22 days. i get married in 85. yay!

5. i got my first A on a french 102 test. it was so amazing. i screamed out loud in the middle of class. literally. screamed. it was awkward. but i was so excited. i got A's on every single french 101 test except one...then i got to french 102 and sucked. anyway. it was a very exciting day in my life.

6. i found a new musical with which i am obsessed - le roi soleil. and like all of my other recent obsessions, it is in french, but it is oh so good. even cute gregory said that it was better than he thought it was going to be. he is such a good sport about being dragged with me on my french culture activities.

7. im taking engagement pictures in a week..and i have nothing to wear. and no money to buy something cute. im currently taking donations (both of cute clothes...and donations of the monetary sort...)

8. they told me in London prep class on monday that im not allowed to wear my engagement ring while im on the program...because it will get stolen. im super sad. i actually think tears welled up in my eyes. but im a little dramatic i guess. i just love my pretty ring.

9. lets talk about LOST for a minute - little boy ben was the most adorable sweet big hearted boy. he reminds me of my brother benson. he even kind of looks like him. but then jack had to screw things up and turn him into big ben. ew. this show is just way more than i can handle.

10. i have about a bazillion pictures on my camera of fun things that i need to blog about but i never have enough time. i will do it between sessions of conference this weekend. hopefully.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Jordan, I found your blog on Jan's. I am so excited for you to study abroad and get married. You are a beautiful woman and your fiance' is very handsome. You make a cute couple. Good Luck with all of your plans. Are you on a bridal registry anywhere? Let me know, and hang in there!!

jord said...

thank you!!
im so excited
we are registered at both tagert and bed bath and beyond :]