Sunday, April 12, 2009

greg.

for our first date, greg and i went to get frozen yogurt. we stayed at the place and talked for over an hour then he brought me home. a few minutes after he had dropped me off, we decided that we werent done talking so, he came and picked me up again and we went to a park and sat at a picnic table and talked until the middle of the night. i came home and katelyn had written me a note that said:

"jord, i was just wondering what some good dates would be for your bridal shower. also, i would prefer if the bridesmaids dresses weren't orange"

we got a good laugh out of it. many nights after that note, we would lay in bed before we fell asleep and be giggly and talk about what if he really was "the one"? this all started out kind of as a joke...19 year old girls being dreamy and silly. but as time passed, the conversations got more and more serious.

i was talking to my friend tonight about how funny it is that when you find the person that you're supposed to marry, you just know. i mean, obviously, it takes time. but when i very first met greg i could just feel that something about him was different. and that sounds totally cheesy. but it is totally true. i honestly just knew. truly, after a few weeks i knew that we were going to get married. (atleast i knew that i wanted to marry him..haha)

in relief society a few weeks ago the teacher told us all to pause for a minute, and think about if we got to go back to the point in our life that we were the very happiest. i honestly thought back throughout my whole life (all nineteen years of it) and i cannot think of a time that i have been happier. not even one moment when i was happier than i am right now. most nights when im laying in bed before i go to sleep, i get overwhelmed with this feeling of how amazingly lucky i am. most times it starts with the question "what in the world did i do to deserve all of this?" seriously, greg is the best thing that has ever happened to me. he treats me in a way that i never could have dreamed of being treated. he is the most amazing man in the entire world..besides my dad and my grandpa...so maybe, the most amazing 22 year old? haha. i love him so much! it is crazy - i didn't even know that i was capable of feeling this way about someone. i love it.

getting on that plane in 13 days is going to be the hardest thing i have had to do so far in my life. it is going to be rough. im so glad that ray will be there to help me..cuz if she weren't there i dont think i would be able to do it. on friday it finally hit me that i was going to have to leave. i was a wreck before i went to work, then i finally got it together...then i bawled at work to my boss for half an hour. my worst fear is being without him. im not sure that im going to be able to do it. it makes my heart hurt to even think about leaving him. people keep telling me "its just 8 weeks and you have eternity" but that's really no consolation right now. it will be the longest 8 weeks of my life.

today we went shopping. he bought me the cutest umbrella and a few jackets for london. he also bought me some shoes a few days ago. he is seriously amazing.

top ten things that i love:

1. he makes me lunch every single day
2. he picks me up for school at my apartment, he drops me off at the door to the building where i work, then he drives to the parking lot and walks to campus rain, snow or shine, and has done so every single day this semester. he also gets the car every single day and comes and picks me up for my building so that i dont have to walk in the cold.
3. he always keeps diet coke at his house :]
4. he always suprises me with treats. and he gets so excited to give them to me.
5. he deals with my mood swings like a champ.
6. he plays with my cousins and is so adorable. they all just love him.
7. he does my laundry.
8. he says the most adorable things, and has the cutest nicknames for me.
9. he is the most self sacrificing person i know.
10. he makes me so happy. its ridiculous.



i love you gregory

8 comments:

Angeleah Bertoldo said...

holy cow. i love this jord. im so glad your happy. thanks for our convo tonight....you helped alot. i love you.

Chase + Destiny said...

I know how you feel. Chase is in hawaii for a week and a half and im dying with out him! Your so brave to do 8 weeks!!!love ya! hope the wedding plans are coming along.

Rachel Ann said...

i just hope i can help at all.
lately you are the one helping me. :)
thanks for being you jord.
seriously, i love you.
ray.

Tanner and Stephanie said...

I'm thrilled that you're so happy!! If it's any consolation for you're 8 weeks away from him in freakin LONDON (yay!) Tanner is working in SLC for the summer while I'm in Rexburg. He'll get 2 weeks off for the wedding then we'll spend the first 4 months of our married life apart ... whoopie ... welcome to the fairy tale eh?!! =0 Feel better? haha But I'm so glad you're so happy. You totally deserve it!!

Chels Allred said...

UHM>..is it ok if I'M in love with greg? sounds like a total winner. i love him. my favorite is that he makes you lunch everyday. seriously. i love him.

Sheri Lawrence said...

i'm so happy for you Jord, and greg too :) i love to see happiness.

email and phone numbers said...

I'm with Chels.... you better tell Greg to knock it off as he's making most other men in this world look a little ragged!

(not D tho.... he's about as "highly evolved" as a man can get in this life! :)

xoxoxo....happy you're happy!

stacey said...

so i am living with amy schlauder in taiwan right now and she showed me your blog when we were talking about ridiculous rude comments...back to the one that you posted about. love reading your love story too. the eight weeks will be hard but worth it. [i've been in taiwan the last 4 months doing long distance] good luck!