Tuesday, August 12, 2008

school.

countdown to school: 23 days.
wow.
i can't believe that fall semester is already here!
i move into my new apt on the 25th.
then one week later classes start!
i can't believe that i am a sophomore already!
weirddd.
actually, i am super excited.
im taking some cool classes this fall that im super excited about.
im a taking an art history class (1500 AD-present) that im stoked for.
and im starting french class...! haha.
it makes me nervous to start a language!!
but i have to take 5 semesters for my major so - ive gotta start sometime!
maybe one day i'll become a famous editor and move to paris and make use of my (soon to be) exquisite skills with the french language. haha.
i think that french sounds so sophisticated...
and artsy..
and très chic :]

i love watching the olympics.
i love love love it!!
the men's relay was possibly one of the most amazing things i have ever seen!
i was talking to my dad about it the other day, and our conversation made me laugh:

me: omigosh dad did you see the mens relay? it was amazing!
dad: yeah i did
me: wasn't it the most amazing thing you've ever seen?!?!
dad: yeah it was cool!
me: seriously, i've never seen something that awesome
dad: jord, you need to watch sports more.

haha.

tonight is the womens gymnastics team finals.
im so excited.
this is definitely my favorite event.
i think that shawn johnson is so amazing!
i am definitelyn her number 1 fan.
shes like..4'8"
shes 16
she still goes to normal high school (unlike anybody else on the team)
she has a 4.0
she only trains 20 hrs a week
the rest of the olympic gymnasts train 40+ hrs.
basically...shes amazing.
and shes so fun to watch.
she does everything so well!
im super excited to see how we do tonight.

i can't believe that summer is really over.
15 weeks ago - i was convinced that this was going to be a terrible summer.
all of my friends were going home for the break
i was going to be living in an apartment with people that i didnt know
and working a 9-5 job every single day - ive never worked that much in...well, in my entire life.
and i was just going to be miserable
(okay..im being a tad dramatic..).
well - with the exception of the last one - all of these things were true
and yet, it turned out to be an amazing summer.
my roommates turned out to be 2 of the most amazing girls i have ever met
we have gone on some wonderful adventures.
plus, working 40 hrs a week didn't really suck all thaaaat bad.
rachel, the girl i work with, has become a very good friend.
without her...it would have sucked "all thaaaat bad"

hm.
well.
this has possibly been one of the most scattered posts yet!
au revoir!

3 comments:

email and phone numbers said...

Jordan!!! I'm so glad you found me so I could find you! Love your blog & really you don't sound any more "scattered" than usual! :) lol

And I totally agree about the Olympics (& just so you know, I'm watching it in my most FAB beach house in Hawaii... don't want to come home)& I LOVE Shawn Johnson. Does she not have the most extreme thighs ever? Can you say "ARNOLD"? hahaha We can't get enough of Phelps - just broke another record - he's caaaraaaazy!

You would make a great frenchy woman... I could see you speaking French... it's so sexy!

I miss you - hope all's well... xoxoxo Sis H.

Rachel Ann said...

i really can't believe that we actually made it through this summer... i never thought it was going to end.

seriously though... i could not have done it without you... it wouldn't have happened. thanks a bunch. :D.

beth said...

ha I love you Jordy! This summer was awesome. It definitely didn't turn out as boring as we thought it would :)